The National Safe Skies Alliance (Safe Skies) in coordination with AAAE, ACC, ACI-NA, and A4A is pleased to announce the Program for Applied Research in Airport Security (PARAS), which is modeled after the Airport Cooperative Research Program of the Transportation Research Board.
· PARAS is an industry-driven, applied research program that develops near-term practical solutions to security problems faced by airport operators.
· PARAS is managed by Safe Skies, funded by the FAA, and governed by the PARAS Oversight Committee, which is comprised of airport-industry representatives.
· Contractors conduct the research and are selected through a competitive proposal process.
· The Call for Problem Statements and Guidance in Preparing Problem Statements are attached to this Notice.
· The due date for the first round of Problem Statements is May 15, 2014. The Guidance in Preparing Problems Statements includes a Problem Statement Preparation Outline.
For more information, go to scott.broyles.